I believe that time management is an essential skill everyone should know. Rather your a athlete, entertainer or doctor your time spent should be productive and structured. Here are a few suggestions for how you can live a more proactive week.
How can I be more productive in life?
- Make a to-do list. …
- Give yourself small rewards for completing big tasks. …
- Find ways to break up your workday (or night). …
- Avoid addictive time wasting activities. …
- Get as much done as early in the day as you can. …
- Tackle that really tough to-do first. …
- Showcase your success.
Try some of these habits of ridiculously productive people on for size, and I’m confident you’ll see your productivity soar.
Your honesty, writing down your goals and taking the steps to get good results determines your grade score in this chart. Your either, doing nothing…making progress or striving.
Read the chart below:
|Productivity Grade Scale|
|C||You have some work to do to become more productive. It’s inefficient simply to fill your day with tasks or to try to do too much without considering your limits and priorities. Use the information and resources below as your motivation to work smarter, not harder. The good news: you’ll soon be accomplishing very much more, in less time.|
|B||You’re on the right track with your productivity efforts, and you probably get your most important work done. However, you could be more productive. Use the productivity techniques and resources outlined below to become more productive and efficient in your daily life.|
|A||Fantastic! You have a clear understanding of your priorities, and you use your time to maximize your output. You also think about how to use leverage to get the most from your time, and to use it to the organization’s advantage. This makes you a real asset. Where appropriate, use the resources below to continue to build on and improve your productivity skills.|
So, you are either in
Category A, B, or C.
A: means you work hard and diligently to achieve your goals with perseverance.
B: means you are on the right track but, need some improvement.
C: you are not putting and any type of work to achieve your goals.
Here are five key elements of working productively:
- Cluttered minds, work areas, and shared drives create distractions and inefficiencies for employees.
- In order to stay focused and on track, EctoHR utilizes formal electronic and physical filing and organization systems that all staff must follow. This allows the entire team to locate documents intuitively and consistently at a moment’s notice.
- Supporting and encouraging change and continuous improvement throughout the organization avoids monotony, improves morale, and avoids doing things “this way because we have always done them that way!”
- Cross training helps the Company and its employees at the same time, as employees become skilled in areas outside of their current responsibilities. The Company then enjoys the benefits of more well-rounded people and a contingency plan in the event of employee turnover or leave of absence.
- Creating accountability allows employees to own their work and stay productive. Accountability does not come merely from talking about it, however, and requires systems that support it.
- EctoHR conducts quarterly employee development and accountability meetings where managers and employees collaborate to establish goals and action items. Employees are then held accountable for their progress, which is evaluated in future reviews.
- For increased accountability, we focus on SMART goals (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely).
- Rewarding employees, especially when critical goals have been met, is a great way to show appreciation and to encourage targeted behavior. From verbal praise to well-crafted emails, the little things go a long way.
- When it comes to a team-based environment, like EctoHR, Company or team-wide recognition and rewards really support the overall corporate culture and sense of “we are all in it together!”
- Even the most productive employees can be undermined by inadequate equipment or tools.
- Make sure that your employees have everything they need to get their daily tasks completed efficiently, such as well-performing laptops, enough bandwidth, updated software, and smart phones/devices that fit with the requirements of their performing work in the field.
“No matter how well you’re performing right now, you can almost always improve productivity. When you’re more productive, you contribute strongly to the overall success and profitability of your organization. And it feels good to be in control of your time, and know that you can produce the results that are expected of you.”